Friday, April 01, 2005

Mercury in our silver amalgam fillings

When Nikki Tate was visiting in February, we were having tea with my friend Edda when the conversation came around to Nikki's mom Helga, and the rare and terrible form of dementia she's suffering from. Edda mentioned that it's unknown what causes dementia; is it environmental, genetic, or caused by mercury used in silver amalgam fillings. Nikki and I both sat upright when Edda said this, as we both have silver amalgam fillings. Since there are so many health concerns about mercury, I started thinking it wasn't such a great idea to have it in my body, especially since some of my teeth with fillings have hairline fractures and the mercury must be leaking out. I called my family dentist to talk about my concerns but he didn't feel there was any cause for alarm; he said he could lose his licence if he removed silver-mercury amalgam fillings for health concerns. Unconvinced, I made an appointment with Edda's highly recommended holistic mercury-free dentist in Victoria. At my appointment, I was given an armload of reading material about the hazards of mercury from silver amalgam fillings and was muscle tested for heavy metal toxins. I tested very high, which is not surprising since I practically grew up in, and worked for a few years at my father's printing shop that used lead for typesetting, and the inks and solvents were toxic. My new dentist recommended that I immediately start on a heavy metal detox program which I have been on now for over three weeks, and this week I'm back to Victoria to get half of my silver amalgam fillings removed in the safest method possible. I've polled quite a few people and am amazed how many have had their silver-mercury fillings removed.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Diane, from New Zealand.
This is Juliette, saying hello, and boasting.Katherine on BC list again.But seriously we in New Zealand have been years with dentists either not using by law and removing mercury filling. Also our water is so good, it is gorgeous to drink. People buying bottled water for travelling need only to refill from tap.And this is not because Michael is an expert in water supply either.So it goes a long way for the good health of our teeths. Also schools dental nurses do a good preventive job, and only 2 cancers kill in NZ mainly.Smoking and the inane infantile age of drivers. most know how to drive at age 9, get a licence at 15, and most kill themselves and more often others.
Mercury poisonning is also in fish from certain areas, and I cannot eat fish from our waters, because while it affects lightly some, with a head injury( drunk driver tossed me out of my car in South Africa) it has contributed to my being in trouble with a number of things. So my teeth were improved years ago, and headaches are not so regular. Whoa a long about me. sorry. We enjoy your photos and webblog.
Have a wonder ful time this year. Tried to send you email post on Sono Nis Press but we could not get through. Bye juliette

 

Post a Comment

<< Home